Estimated Reading Time: 3 minutes
Bored in the house and in the house bored? There’s no better way to kill time than by binging K-Drama episodes. The first half of 2020 has already brought us numerous uber-popular hits, many of which you’ve probably heard friends raving about, or seen screenshots and inside jokes of via social media. It’s never too late to catch up – as long as you’re prepared for the emotional rollercoaster ahead. Buckle up and take this quiz to find out which show is a perfect match for you…
1. What’s your favorite TV genre?
- Revenge drama
2. Which piece of outerwear are you most likely to wear on a day-to-day basis?
3. How do you like to spend your downtime?
- Band rehearsal with my closest friends
- Checking out the hottest new clubs and bars
- Spending time with my family
- Playing video games and rewatching Stairway to Heaven
4. What is your ultimate goal in life?
- Being able to help other people
- Building a successful business
- Living life without regrets
- Finding true love
5. What was the last K-Drama you watched?
- Reply 1988
- Strongest Deliveryman
- Oh My Ghost
- Descendants of the Sun
6. What industry would you most like to work in?
- Fashion and beauty
7. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, it’d be…
- Piping hot soup noodles on a rainy day, like kalguksu or sujebi
- Hearty, home-cooked sundubu–jjigae after work
- Delivery from all my favorite joints, so I can enjoy pizza, fried chicken, jajangmyeon and jokbal at the same time
- Clams and soju around an atmospheric campfire
8. Choose a fashion accessory to complete your signature look:
9. Which artist is always on your playlist?
- Urban Zakapa
- Park Ji-min
10. Pick a hairstyle to rock:
- A short bob with loose strands clipped back, so I can focus on my work
- A two-tone dye job for an edgy aesthetic that suits my personality
- A simple top knot that looks mature and put-together
- A sweet side braid secured with a scrunchie – for when I don’t have time to shampoo
If you got mostly As…
Brought to you by the director and screenwriter team behind the widely acclaimed Reply series, this medical drama depicts five college best friends who, after many years, start working at the same hospital – and even revive their old band. The uplifting slice-of-life series depicts enviably close-knit friendships and daily hospital drama (transplants, miscarriages and cancer scares alongside workplace romance, hurried meals in the staff canteen, and wrestling with feelings of guilt and inadequacy) with a refreshing dose of realism, peppered with the surprise reveals, deadpan humor and quiet tearjerker scenes the creators are known for.
If you got mostly Bs…
You can never go wrong with a Park Seo-joon drama! Even though he’s sporting a questionable ‘do in Itaewon Class, there’s no doubt that this show was a hit. Park plays Sae-ro-yi, who finds himself behind bars after he attacks a school bully who killed his father in a reckless driving incident. Upon his release, he’s determined to exact revenge on his enemies, going up against a food conglomerate with his small, newly opened bar. He’s upright to the point of coming across as a stubborn pushover, but not only does this trait win him the loyalty of his staff, it’s sure to have you cheering for him in this classic underdog tale.
If you got mostly Cs…
Hi Bye, Mama!
K-Dramas love a good supernatural twist, but instead of going a creepy or whimsical route, Hi Bye, Mama! relies on a motif that draws deeply emotional reactions across the world – a mother’s love. The show tells the tale of a woman who passed away five years ago but has stayed by her husband and daughter’s side as a ghost. Through a reincarnation project, she’s given the chance to become human again if she manages to return to her original place in 49 days. The only catch? Her husband has remarried. Starring the ever-beautiful Kim Tae-hee in her first drama since 2015’s Yongpal.
If you got mostly Ds…
Crash Landing on You
There’s nary a soul that still hasn’t seen this extremely addictive gem of a drama! Hailed as the “national rom-com” and the current third highest-rated Korean drama in cable television history, this show has something for everyone, combining a star-crossed-lovers tale with nail-biting adventure. The perfectly paced plot never loses steam, doing justice to its intriguing premise of “South Korean woman crash lands into North Korea and falls in love with an army captain.” The show’s ensemble cast comprises gossipy neighborhood ahjummas, surprisingly soft-hearted soldiers, one very spiteful villain and second leads to stir the pot, but Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin’s chemistry-filled pairing is what really gives it the magic touch.
(Visited 554 times, 552 visits today)